1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, ground, cooked, lean
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Tomato paste, canned, 6 oz, unslated
Black Pepper, ground
Oregano, dried leaves
Basil, dried, leaves
Cottage Cheese, 1%
Sour Cream, light
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Lasagna Pasta, whole wheat, dry
201.42 g / 7.19 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (350°F for larger hotel pans).
2. Cook lasagna noodles in unsalted boiling water for 12 minutes - drain & cool in cold water to keep from stck. (or use Ready to Use
or frozen lasagna noodles)
3. Brown ground beef with onions - drain.
4. Combine water & tomato paste until smooth.
5. Combine tomato sauce, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, basil, & sugar with tomato paste/water mixture - add to cooked ground
6. Combine cottage cheese & sour cream - set aside.
7. Place 1/3 of meat sauce mixture in bottom of baking pan.
8. Cover meat mixture with 1/2 of lasagna noodles, overlapping if necessary.
9. Cover lasagna noodles with 1/2 of cottage cheese-sour cream mixture.
10. Repeat steps 7-9, repeating layers.
11. Top with remaining 1/3 meat mixture & shredded mozzarella cheese - cover with foil.
12. Bake for 30 minutes.
13. Remove foil & continue baking for 20-30 minutes.
14. Remove from oven & cut into servings equal to recipe yield.