Oatmeal Fruit Muffins
Convert Ingredient Measure
Oats, rolled, #5, non-gmo, dry
Flour, whole wheat
Baking Powder, double acting
Spice, cinnamon, ground
Buttermilk, low fat, 1%, cultured
Eggs, whole, raw, lrg
Sugar, brown, packed
Oil, Natural Blend, veg canola & sunflower
Applesauce, unswtnd, w/vit C, cnd
70.58 g / 2.52 oz per serving.
- Combine rolled oats and buttermilk.
- Let stand 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Add rolled oats and buttermilk to mixer bowl and add eggs, brown sugar, applesauce and oil. Mix 30 seconds.
- Scrape sides of bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add to rolled oats mixture.
- Mix on low speed only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in any optional fruit if desired (ie, raisins, blueberries or other fruit or nuts).
- Portion batter with #16 scoop into sprayed or papered muffin pans (2/3 full).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until toothpick placed in and out of center is not doughy.
- Remove from pans and serve. If baked a day ahead or leftover, store in covered plastic container or plastic bag.
* 1 cup dry buttermilk and 5 c. water may be substituted for liquid buttermilk