Convert Ingredient Measure
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, fresh, sliced
Potato, red, fresh, with skin, medium
Tomatoes, canned, chopped
Broth, vegetable, low sodium
Kidney beans, red, canned, low sodium
Basil, dried, leaves
Pasta, elbow macaroni, dry
Zucchini, fresh, sliced
Salt, table, iodized
Black Pepper, ground
241.00 g / 8.61 oz per serving.
**Can substitute other vegetables as desired
1. Wash & prepare vegetables; drain beans.
2. Sauté onion, celery, & carrot in oil in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until onion is soft but not browned.
3. Add diced potatoes, tomatoes, broth, beans, & basil.
4. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
5. Cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add macaroni & zucchini - cook another 15 minutes.
7. Taste & adjust seasoning as needed.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.