Mexican Lentil Soup
Convert Ingredient Measure
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Bell pepper, green, fresh, chopped
Oregano, dried, leaves
316.00 g / 11.29 oz per serving.
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. In a large saucepan or skillet, sauté onion, bell peppers, & garlic in oil until tender - about 3 minutes.
3. Add lentils, spices, water, & bouillon - stir & bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover, & simmer for 30-35 minutes or until lentils are soft.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.