Mexican Black Bean Soup
Convert Ingredient Measure
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Tomatoes, diced, canned, unsalted
Black beans, canned, low sodium
Potato, russet, fresh, with skin, diced
Cilantro, fresh, leaves
Juice, lime, 100%
234.00 g / 8.36 oz per serving.
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
2. Sauté onion for 2 minutes - add garlic & tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add beans (undrained), peeled & diced potatoes, & water - bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low.
4. Cook & cover for 20 minutes.
5. Add cilantro, cumin, lime juice, & hot pepper sauce (optional).
6. Stir & cook for 10 minutes.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.