Low Sodium Ham Veggie Omelet
2 hr 15 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Ham, cooked, cured, extra lean, low sodium
Egg, raw, large
Black pepper, ground
Milk, skim, with vitamins A & D
Cooking spray, butter flavor - 1 second spray each
Squash, summer, fresh, sliced
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low sodium
228.00 g / 8.14 oz per serving.
**May substitute liquid eggs
**1 pound shredded cheese = 3 1/2 cups
**Ham should be 285 mg sodium or less per ounce
**May substitute chopped broccoli for asparagus
**Summer squash may be substituted with similar vegetable
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Wash & prepare vegetables.
3. Spray counter pans with nonstick spray.
4. Add canola oil & sliced/chopped vegetables to pans.
5. Bake for 30-45 minutes to sauté - stirring occasionally.
6. Remove vegetables from oven - turn temperature down to 325°F.
7. Dice ham into 1/2 inch pieces & heat milk to hot.
8. Combine eggs, seasonings, & hot milk - pour over sautéed vegetables.
9. Sprinkle top with cheese.
10. Bake for 30 minutes to 1+ hour or until set & reaches 180°F.
11. Cut each into yield servings - serve immediately.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 145 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.