Low Sodium Ham Potato Omelet
2 hr 15 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Ham, cooked, cured, extra lean, low sodium
Egg, raw, large
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Black pepper, ground
Milk, skim, with vitamins A & D
Cooking Spray, butter flavor - 1 second spray each
Hash browns, frozen, shredded
Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low sodium
258.00 g / 9.21 oz per serving.
**May substitute liquid eggs
**1 pound shredded cheese = 3 1/2 cups
**Ham should be 285 mg sodium or less per ounce
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Spray counter pans with nonstick spray.
3. Add potatoes to pans & spray generously with nonstick spray.
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes to brown - stirring occasionally.
5. Remove potatoes from oven - turn temperature down to 325°F.
6. Dice ham into 1/2 inch pieces & heat milk to hot.
7. Combine eggs, seasonings, & hot milk - pour over browned potatoes.
8. Sprinkle top with cheese.
9. Bake for 1+ hour or until set & reaches 180°F.
10. Cut each into yield servings - serve immediately.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 145 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.