Beef & Noodles
1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef stew meat, lean
Noodles, egg, dry, enriched
Salt, table, iodized
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Flour, all purpose, white, bleached, enriched
Broth, beef, low sodium
148.31 g / 5.3 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook lean stew meat in unsalted water - drain, reserving liquid for broth (skim of & discard any fat before using broth).
3. Cook noodles in unsalted boiling water until al dente.
4. Melt margarine in large kettle - add onions & saute until tender.
5. Add flour & salt - stir until blended & cook for 5 min.
6. Add 2 1/2 cups broth from stew meat (can substitute pre-made reduced sodium beef broth) gradually, stirring constantly with whisk.
7. Cook until thickened.
8. Combine beef, noodles, & sauce - pour into hotel pan(s).
9. Bake for 30 minutes or until reaches 165°F.