Beef & Cabbage Casserole - The Center
1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Cabbage, fresh, head
Flour, all purpose, enriched
Black pepper, ground
Cheddar cheese, shredded, low sodium
Ground beef, 10% fat
Bread crumbs, plain
289.00 g / 10.32 oz per serving.
1. Chop cabbage into 1" squares - bring water to a boil & cook cabbage until soft; drain
2. Combine first listed margarine, four, salt, & black pepper - mix until smooth
3. Gradually add hot milk to margarine/four mixture, stirring constantly - remove from heat
4. Add cheese to cream sauce & stir until cheese is melted
5. Cook ground beef; drain - add to cooked cabbage
6. Grease 4" steam table half pan(s) - place half of cabbage/beef mixture into pans & pour half of sauce evenly over cabbage
7. Top with remaining cabbage/beef mixture, then remaining sauce
8. Combine bread crumbs & second listed margarine - pour over top of pans
9. Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes, or until done
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher