Baked Macaroni & Cheese - The Center
1 hr 5 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Elbow macaroni, dry
Flour, all purpose
Cheddar cheese, sharp, cubed
Black pepper, ground
Bread crumbs, plain
228.00 g / 8.14 oz per serving.
1. Cut kielbasa into 1/2 inch pieces
2. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until beginning to brown - set aside
3. Boil pot of water - add macaroni noodles & return to boil - cook for 8 minutes, drain
4. Preheat oven to 350 F & grease 9x13 baking dish
5. Melt butter in skillet over medium low heat - cook chopped onion until translucent
6. Whisk in four & cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly
7. Whisk in milk a little at a time, stirring constantly until all milk is incorporated
8. Bring sauce to a simmer & cook over low heat for about 2 minutes
9. Whisk in cheddar cheese until all cheese has been incorporated & the sauce is hot & smooth
10. Pour the cooked macaroni noodles into the cheese sauce & str to combine
11. Str in the cooked kielbasa & pepper
12. Spoon macaroni mixture into prepared baking dish - sprinkle bread crumbs over the top
13. Bake for about 20 minutes until bread crumbs are brown & the casserole is bubbling
14. Let stand 15 minutes after baking before serving
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.