Chicken Enchilada Casserole - ICAP
1 hr 20 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Chicken, cooked, diced
Peppers & onions, frozen
Shredded cheddar cheese, low sodium
Whole wheat tortilla, 8-inch
213.00 g / 7.61 oz per serving.
**Repeat following steps for 4 pans = 96 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mix together 4.5 lbs of diced chicken + 4 cups peppers & onions
3. Add 4 cups enchilada sauce to mixture
4. Spread half the chicken & vegetable mixture in a greased full 4-inch steam table pan
5. Top with 6 tortillas
6. Top the tortillas with remaining chicken & vegetable mixture
7. Top with 6 tortillas
8. Cover with 2 cups enchilada sauce - sprinkle with 2 cups cheese
9. Cover pan with tin foil & bake for 30-35 minutes
10. Remove tin toil & bake for additional 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F
11. Turn oven down to 200 F & hold food until serving time, if needed
12. Cut each pan into 24 squares
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher