Chicken & Dumpling Casserole - The Center
1 hr 10 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Onion, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, chopped
Flour, all purpose
Salt, table, iodized
Black pepper, ground
Chicken broth, low sodium
Chicken breast, raw
Biscuit baking mix
325.00 g / 11.61 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Wash & prepare vegetables - cube chicken
3. Sauté onion & celery in butter until tender - add garlic & cook 1 minute
4. Stir in flour, sugar, salt, 1st measure of basil, & pepper; bring to a boil - cook & stir until thickened; reduce heat
5. Add peas - cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly
6. Str in chicken - pour into greased baking dish (9x13 for 8 servings)
7. Prepare dumplings - combine baking mix & 2nd measure of basil; str in milk with a fork until moistened; drop by tablespoonfuls
into 12 mounds over chicken mixture
8. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes
9. Cover & bake additional 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.