BBQ Shredded Beef - ICAP
7 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef roast, bottom round, raw, lean
Black pepper, ground
Barbeque sauce, low sodium
166.00 g / 5.93 oz per serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place beef roast into full 6 inch steam table pan
- Rub beef with garlic powder & black pepper
- Cook in oven for 6-7 hours or until roast can be pulled apart with a fork
- Shred beef & drain, if necessary
- Place shredded beef back into steam table pan
- Add BBQ sauce (start with 4 cups) & mix - add remaining BBQ sauce as necessary until meat is covered & moist
- Serve 4 oz or 1/2 cup per person
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 155 F for 15 seconds.
- Microwaved meats should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.