Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quinoa Bake
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 20 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Sweet Potatoes, 1/2 inch cubes
Black beans, canned, low sodium
Corn, frozen, thawed
Vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
Salt, table, iodized
Green onions, sliced
151.00 g / 5.39 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Wash, peel, & cube (1/2 inch) sweet potatoes. Rinse & drain black beans.
3. Combine all ingredients, except green onions, in 9x13 pan (per 12 1/2 cup servings).
4. Cover with tin foil & bake for 45 minutes.
5. Remove tin foil & continue baking for additional 15-20 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed & potatoes are tender.
6. Remove from oven & let sit for 5 minutes so remaining liquid can be fully absorbed.
7. Sprinkle with sliced green onions. 8. Serve 1/2 cup per participant as side dish or 1 cup per serving as main dish casserole.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.