White Sauce for Creamed Cabbage
Convert Ingredient Measure
Milk, 1%, with vitamins A & D
Flour, all purpose, enriched
Salt, table, iodized
30.00 g / 1.07 oz per serving.
1. Melt margarine & remove from heat.
2. Add four, parsley, & salt - stir until smooth with wire whip; adding about 1/4 of the milk.
3. Bring to a simmer & cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Heat remaining mil in the microwave or double boiler.
5. Add hot milk to cooked mixture with a wire whip.
6. Cook & stir as necessary until smooth, simmering, & thick.
7. Add to cabbage per Creamed Cabbage recipe.
8. Put in 200°F oven to keep hot.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 145 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.