7 Layer Salad
Convert Ingredient Measure
Lettuce, iceberg, fresh, shredded
Onion, yellow, fresh, chopped
Bell pepper, green, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, fresh, grated
Peas, green, frozen
Cheese, cheddar, shredded, lowfat
Sour cream, light
Dressing, Miracle Whip
125.00 g / 4.46 oz per serving.
1. Wash all vegetables.
2. Chop, dice, shred, or grate vegetables according to recipe.
3. Blend together sour cream, sugar, & miracle whip.
4. Place 2/3-3/4 shredded lettuce in salad bowls or cups.
5. Add 1 tbsp of each peppers, celery, & carrots on top of lettuce.
6. Add 2 tbsp of peas & 1 tbsp shredded cheese on top of each salad.
7. Top each salad with #40 scoop (1 2/3 tbsp) of dressing.
8. Place salads in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Wash raw fruits and vegetables before using them in food preparation.
- Hold for cold service at an internal temperature of 41 F or lower.