Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 hr 20 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Broth, chicken, low sodium
Chicken Breast, skinless, boneless, cooked
Rice, white, enriched, dry
Rice, wild, dry
Onion, yellow, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, fresh, chopped
Flour, all purpose, enriched
Milk, 1%, with vitamins A & D
Black pepper, ground
Parsley, fresh, chopped
291.00 g / 10.39 oz per serving.
**Use cooked chicken or cook chicken from raw (will increase cooking time)
**Can substitute dried parsley, thyme, & chives (use half of recipe measure)
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. Prepare rice according to instructions on package.
3. Heat oil in stock pot or kettle over medium heat.
4. Add onion to pot & sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Add celery & carrots - sauté for 3 minutes.
6. Add four - stir often until roux is thickened & smooth.
7. Add broth slowly - whisking after each addition until smooth & bubbly.
8. Stir in cooked chicken - bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
10. Add milk & cooked rice - return to a boil.
11. Reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes.
12. Immediately prior to service - stir in black pepper, parsley, thyme, & chives.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.