Steak & Potato Stew
2 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef roast, bottom round, lean
Potatoes, peeled, diced
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, fresh, chopped
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Black pepper, ground
Flour, all purpose, enriched
Salt, table, iodized
383.00 g / 13.68 oz per serving.
**May substitute 1 tsp garlic powder in place of each 4 tsp minced garlic
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. Remove excess fat from beef & cut into 1x1x1/2 inch cubes.
3. Brown beef in stock pot.
4. Mix beef base with first measure of water & add to beef cubes.
5. Cover & simmer on low until beef is tender - about 1-2 hours.
6. Add vegetables & seasonings - continue cooking 30-45 minutes until tender.
7. Mix water & four - stir some of broth into four water mixture & gradually stir into soup until blended.
8. Bring to a boil - continue to simmer & stir for 2 minutes until soup is thickened.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.