Oven Baked Beef Stew
1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef roast, bottom round, lean, cubed
Flour, all purpose, enriched
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, fresh, medium strips
Potato, peeled, diced
Salt, table, iodized
V8 juice, low sodium
Peas, green, frozen
273.00 g / 9.75 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash & prepare vegetables.
3. Sprinkle four over meat & toss to coat.
4. Place meat in large skillet or steam table pan over medium heat.
5. Add canola oil & cook until meat begins to brown.
6. Add vegetables, salt, & other seasonings - stir.
7. Add vegetable juice & toss lightly to mix.
8. Cover & bake for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.