Mushroom & Barley Soup
Convert Ingredient Measure
Broth, vegetable, low sodium
Barley, pearled, dry
Onion, yellow, fresh, chopped
Mushrooms, fresh, sliced
Carrots, fresh, sliced
Thyme, dried, leaves
Black pepper, ground
Potato, peeled & diced
Green onion, fresh, chopped
312.00 g / 11.14 oz per serving.
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. Heat oil in a stock pot.
3. Add onions, mushrooms, carrots, thyme, pepper, & garlic - sauté until onion is translucent.
4. Add barley & vegetable broth - bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes or until barley is tender.
6. Stir in sherry & potatoes - continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
7. Garnish soup with sliced green onion (optional).
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.