Convert Ingredient Measure
Salt, table, iodized
Carrots, fresh, medium
Onion, white, fresh, medium
Garlic, dried, minced
Black pepper, ground
Broth, beef, low sodium
Tomatoes, diced, canned, unsalted
358.00 g / 12.79 oz per serving.
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
3. Add carrot & onion - cover & cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
4. Stir in ginger & garlic - cook for 1 minute.
5. Add curry, salt, & pepper - stir in low sodium broth & lentils, bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat & simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until lentils are tender.
7. Stir in tomatoes - cover & simmer for 5 minutes.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.