3 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Pinto beans, dry
Beef, ground, 95% lean
Seasoning mix, taco
Tomato puree, canned, unsalted
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Salt, table, iodized
Cheese, cheddar, shredded, lowfat
377.00 g / 13.46 oz per serving.
Day Prior to Service
1. Rinse dry beans.
2. Soak dry beans with first measure of water overnight (at least 8-10 hours).
Day of Service
1. Drain water of beans & discard.
2. Put beans in large pot - add second measure of water & bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer covered for 2 hours until beans are soft.
3. Brown ground beef with onions - drain.
4. Add ground beef & remaining ingredients except cheese to the cooked beans - simmer, uncovered, for 1/2-1 hour.
5. Serve 1 cup chili topped with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese per serving.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.