Creamy Asparagus Soup
Convert Ingredient Measure
Potato, russet, fresh, diced
Onion, yellow, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Seasoning, Mrs Dash, original
Black pepper, ground
Flour, all purpose, enriched
Milk, skim, with vitamins A & D
Lemon peel, fresh, grated
275.00 g / 9.82 oz per serving.
**1 pound asparagus = 4 cups sliced or diced
**May use fresh or frozen asparagus
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. Combine diced potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, Mrs. Dash seasoning, & water in appropriate sized soup pot.
3. Bring to a boil & reduce heat, cover - simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in margarine.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together four & milk - pour slowly into soup pot, stirring constantly.
6. Increase heat to medium high & continue to stir until soup thickens, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat - season with grated lemon peel to taste.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.