Chunky Vegetable & Orzo Soup
Convert Ingredient Measure
Pasta, orzo, dry, enriched
Onion, yellow, fresh, chopped
Carrots, frozen, sliced
Celery, fresh, diced
Broth, vegetable, low sodium
Tomatoes, diced, canned, in juice
Green beans, frozen
Turnip, fresh, cubes
Zucchini, fresh, sliced
Black Pepper, Ground
202.00 g / 7.21 oz per serving.
**May substtute dried rosemary & thyme (use half of recipe measure)
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. Heat oil in soup kettle.
3. Add onions, carrots, & celery - sauté until onions are translucent.
4. Add water, broth, tomatoes (with juice), corn, green beans, turnips, zucchini, pepper, & orzo - bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in rosemary & thyme.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.