1 hr 20 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, ground, 90% lean
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Tomatoes, canned, low sodium
Chili beans, canned
Kidney beans, canned, low sodium
261.00 g / 9.32 oz per serving.
**Adjust chili powder amount according to taste.
**Use unsalted canned tomatoes or ones with no more than 160 mg per 1/2 cup serving.
1. Cook beef, onions, & garlic until browned.
2. Mix tomatoes & seasonings - add to beef.
3. Stir & bring to a simmer.
4. Add beans to meat mixture - cover & simmer 1 hour.
5. Add water or low sodium broth if chili becomes too thick.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.