Chicken Noodle Vegetable Soup
1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Salt, table, iodized
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, frozen, sliced
Pasta, egg, dry, enriched
Chicken leg, skinless
443.00 g / 15.82 oz per serving.
1. Combine chicken legs, water, salt, celery, parsley, & onions in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil - reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add carrots & bring to a boil - cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Remove chicken legs to steamtable pan, cover, & keep hot until serving time.
5. Add dry noodles to broth/vegetable mixture - bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
6. Serve 1 1/4 cups soup & 1 chicken leg per serving.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.