Chicken Dumpling Vegetable Soup
3 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Salt, table, iodized
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, frozen, sliced
Chicken leg, skinless
Bohemian Potato Dumplings (separate recipe)
427.00 g / 15.25 oz per serving.
1. Remove skin from chicken legs.
2. Combine chicken legs, water, & salt in stockpot - bring to a boil & simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
3. Remove chicken & cool.
4. Remove chicken from bones & dice - refrigerate meat.
5. Add carrots, celery, parsley, & onions to broth - bring to a boil, reduce to simmer & simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
6. Make & drop Bohemian Potato Dumplings into boiling broth/vegetable mixture using #30 scoop.
7. Bring to a boil & simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
8. Remove dumplings from broth & keep hot for serving.
9. Add chicken to the broth & bring to a boil.
10. Serve 1 1/3 cup soup & 2 Bohemian Potato Dumplings per serving.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.