Chicken Pot Pie Casserole - ICAP
1 hr 30 min
2 hr 15 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Chicken, cooked, diced
Peas, frozen, thawed
Carrots, diced, frozen, thawed
Potato, russet, fresh, diced
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Soup, cream of chicken, low sodium
Milk, 1%, with vitamins A & D
Black pepper, ground
338.00 g / 12.07 oz per serving.
**Crescent Sheets (Reinhart # 63828, 20 sheets per case or similar)
1. Bring pot of water to a boil - add potatoes & cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add carrots - cook for additional 5-10 minutes; drain.
3. Brown onions in a large pan until mostly cooked - set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Grease 1 full 4 inch steam table pan per 26 servings.
6. Place 2 dough sheets at the bottom of the steam table pan & pinch the 2 together in the middle - push dough up the sides of the
pan just slightly.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is light brown - allow to cool.
8. Meanwhile - combine cooked onions, milk, potatoes, peas, & carrots in a large pot.
9. Add the soup, diced chicken, & seasonings - heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through (should be very thick).
10. Pour chicken mixture over the baked crust & spread evenly.
11. Pinch the other 2 sheets together & lay on top of chicken mixture & press down the edges to form the top.
12. Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.