Bran Banana Muffin
Convert Ingredient Measure
Banana, fresh, med, 7" to 7 7/8" long
Eggs, whole, raw, lrg
Milk, 1%, w/add vit A & D
Shortening, all purpose, part hydrog soy & cttnsd oil, USDA
Flour, all purpose, white, bleached, enrich
Baking Powder, double acting
Salt, table, iodized
53.18 g / 1.9 oz per serving.
- Combine All-Bran and milk. Let stand until all moisture is absorbed.
- Add eggs, banana (sliced or mashed) and shortening. Beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients. Add to first mixture, mixing only until combined.
- Divide batter into # of muffin cups for the yield of the recipe (`2/3 full).
- Bake at 375 F for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 1 muffin = 1 CS
* may use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar
Serving size: 1 muffin= 1CS