Zuppa Soup - ICAP
1 hr 40 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Potato, russet, fresh, diced
Sausage, beef, crumbles, lower sodium
Bacon, low sodium
Base, chicken, low sodium
Soup base mix, cream
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Garlic cloves, fresh
Kale, fresh, chopped
Seasoning, Mrs. Dash, garlic & herb
Black pepper, ground
277.00 g / 9.89 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lay out bacon on large cookie sheet in a single layer.
3. Cook bacon for about 20 minutes until about done - remove from oven & chop into pieces.
4. Divide bacon in half & set aside.
5. Wash & prepare vegetables.
6. Boil 4 1/2 pounds of potatoes in 3/4 gallon water in both of 2 6 inch pans.
7. When potatoes are almost done - add onions, chopped kale, garlic, Mrs. Dash, pepper, chicken base, sausage crumbles, & bacon.
8. Boil 1 1/2 gallons water in separate pot - add 2 packages cream soup mix.
9. Divide cream soup between the 2 pans.
10. Turn oven temperature down to 200°F to hot hold until ready to serve.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.