Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie - ICAP
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 50 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Turkey breast, boneless, skinless, cooked, diced
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Celery, fresh, diced
Carrots, fresh, chopped
Peas, green, frozen
Gravy, turkey, low sodium
Bay leaf, dried
Thyme, dried, leaves
Black pepper, ground
649.00 g / 23.18 oz per serving.
**Can use turkey or chicken for variety
**Cook turkey or chicken day prior to service
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash & prepare vegetables.
3. Combine 2 gallons water, onions, celery, carrots, peas, & potatoes - cook until tender.
4. Add diced meat to vegetables.
5. In another pot, combine 2 gallons water, bay leaves, thyme, & pepper - simmer for 30-40 minutes; remove bay leaves.
6. Add 2 packages turkey gravy mix to seasoned water & stir until smooth.
7, Combine turkey/vegetable mixture with gravy - divide into 4 inch pans.
8. Bake for 40 minutes.
9. Reduce oven temperature to 200°F to hot hold until service.
10. Heat biscuits in oven according to package directions.
11. Serve 1 cup cooked mixture with 2 half biscuits on top (1 full biscuit per person).
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.