Taco Salad - ICAP
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, ground, 90% lean
Seasoning mix, taco
Tortilla chips, lowfat, unsalted
Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low sodium
Salad mix, lettuce
Tomatoes, fresh, chopped
364.00 g / 13 oz per serving.
1. Brown ground beef & drain.
2. Add water & taco seasoning to browned meat & set aside.
3. Wash & prepare vegetables.
4. Place chips 1 oz tortilla chips on bottom of tray or plate.
5. Top chips with ~4 oz lettuce, ~2 oz tomatoes, 1/3 cup browned meat, & 1/2 oz cheese.
6. Place 2 tbsp of salsa in 2 oz container & serve with the salad.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Wash raw fruits and vegetables before using them in food preparation.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 155 F for 15 seconds.
- Microwaved meats should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.