Swiss Steak - ICAP
1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Tomatoes, stewed, canned, low sodium
Tomatoes, diced, canned, low sodium
Juice, tomato, 100%, low sodium
Peppers & onions, frozen
Salisbury steak patty, beef, cooked
177.00 g / 6.32 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place Salisbury Steak pates on sheet pans - bake for 10 minutes.
3. Place pates into 3 4 inch steamtable pans (for 75 servings).
4. Mix tomatoes with peppers & onions.
5. Add cornstarch to tomato juice - stir until dissolved.
6. Mix cornstarch mixture into vegetable mixture & pour over pates - cover.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until reaches internal temperature of 155°F.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 200°F to hot hold until service.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 155 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.