Spaghetti with Meat Sauce - ICAP
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, ground, 85% lean
Spaghetti sauce, low sodium
Pasta, spaghetti, dry
Cheese, parmesan, low sodium
233.00 g / 8.32 oz per serving.
1. Fill 2 large pots 1/2-3/4 full with water for noodles - heat over high until boiling.
2. Brown ground beef - drain well.
3. Add spaghetti sauce to meat & heat through.
4. When water is boiling, add 2 tbsp oil to each pot & divide pasta between the pots - cook according to package directions (usually 11-13 minutes).
5. Strain pasta, reserving pasta water.
6. Just before serving, place pasta back into hot pasta water for 2 minutes - strain.
7. Serve pasta with 1/2 cup sauce & 1 tbsp parmesan cheese.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.