Lasagna - ICAP
1 hr 15 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, ground, 85% lean
Spaghetti sauce, low sodium
Pasta, lasagna, whole wheat, dry
Cheese, mozzarella, shredded, low sodium
Cheese, parmesan, low sodium
Cottage cheese, lowfat, low sodium
323.00 g / 11.54 oz per serving.
Day Prior to Service:
1. Brown ground beef - drain well.
2. Add 20 cups of the spaghetti sauce to cooked meat.
3. Add cottage cheese & 10 cups of mozzarella cheese.
4. Place 3 cups of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of each 4 inch steamtable pan.
5. Boil noodles for about 7 minutes, or until pliable - rinse under cold water.
6. Put first layer of noodles on top of sauce in pans - 7 noodles per layer.
7. Cover noodles with a meat sauce layer.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7.
9. Top with last layer of noodles.
10. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese (about 4 cups per pan) & parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup per pan) on top.
11. Cover & refrigerate overnight.
Day of Service:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Cover each pan with foil.
3. Bake for 45 minutes.
4. When oven reaches internal temperature of 165°F, turn oven down to 180°F & remove foil.
5. Hold in warm oven until 15 minutes prior to serving.
6. Let stand for 15 minutes then cut into pieces.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.