Hearty Macaroni Casserole - ICAP
Convert Ingredient Measure
Macaroni & cheese, boxed dinner mix
Beef, ground, 90% lean
Peppers & onions, frozen
Tomatoes, diced, canned, low sodium
Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low sodium
Onion, French fried, dry
230.00 g / 8.21 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare macaroni & cheese mix according to package directions.
3. Stir in tomatoes, peppers, & onions.
4. In a large skillet, brown ground beef - drain well.
5. Add prepared macaroni to cooked ground beef.
6. Place 1/2 of mixture into 2 4 inch steamtable pans.
7. Top each pan with 3 cups cheese.
8. Place remaining macaroni mixture on top of cheese & top with remaining cheese.
9. Sprinkle casserole with French fried onions.
10. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.