Baking Powder Biscuits for Sausage Gravy
Convert Ingredient Measure
Flour, all purpose, white, bleached, enriched
Baking Powder, double acting
Salt, table, iodized
milk, 1%, with vitamins A & D
35.49 g / 1.27 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix dry ingredients at low speed in mixer or by hand.
3. Add margarine - mix at low speed until crumbly (or use pastry blender/spatula to cut in shortening).
4. Remove from mixer - add liquid ingredients.
5. Mix lightly just until soft dough forms. Do not over mix.
6. Scoop each biscuit with a #24 scoop (can also use #8 scoop & divide into 3 biscuits).
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.