Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins
Convert Ingredient Measure
Oats, rolled, dry
Egg, raw, large
Brown Sugar, packed
Pumpkin, canned, 100% pure
Whole wheat flour
Baking Powder, double acting
60.65 g / 2.17 oz per serving.
1. Combine rolled oats & buttermilk - let stand 1 hour in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Add rolled oats & buttermilk mixture to eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, & oil.
4. Mix 30 seconds & scrape sides of bowl.
5. Combine dry ingredients - add to rolled oats mixture & mix on low speed only until dry ingredients are combined.
6. Fold in any optional fruit if desired (raisins, blueberries, etc; or nuts).
7. Portion batter with #16 scoop into papered muffin pans (2/3 full).
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until toothpick placed in & out of center is not doughy.
9. Remove from pans & serve.
**1 cup dry buttermilk & 5 cups water may be substituted for liquid buttermilk or may be made with plain milk with 1 tablespoon