Convert Ingredient Measure
Pinto beans, canned, low sodium
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
230.00 g / 8.21 oz per serving.
**Can substitute chili powder for cumin if desired
1. Drain & rinse beans - reserve liquid.
2. Heat oil in skillet - add onion & garlic, sauté until onion is soft.
3. Mash beans & cumin into onion mixture using potato masher or back of spoon.
4. Add reserved liquid or water (1 tbsp or more) until desired consistency is reached.
5. Cook & stir bean mixture on medium heat until heated through, 3-5 minutes.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 135 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.