1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, ground, 10% fat
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Chili peppers, green, canned, diced
Soup, cream of mushroom, canned, low sodium
Milk, 1%, with vitamins A & D
Cheese, cheddar, shredded, lowfat
226.00 g / 8.07 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut soft tortillas into 1/2" strips with sharp knife or pizza cuter.
3. Brown ground beef - drain of fat.
4. Mix browned ground beef, chilis, onions, chili powder, soup, & milk together.
5. Layer 1/2 of tortilla strips in pan followed by a layer of ground beef/soup mixture.
6. Repeat layers one more time.
7. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese - cover with foil.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Uncover, bake for additional 15 minutes.
10. Cut into yield servings.
11. Cover with steamtable pan lid & transfer to steamtable to serve.
**Purchase 1 3/4-2 pounds 90-93% lean ground beef = 1 1/2 pound browned ground beef
**Any low sodium cream soup can be used that is 110 mg sodium per oz or less
**Any size tortillas can be used - weigh tortillas to get oz called for in recipe
**Amount of chili powder & pepper can be adjusted to fit the taste of your participants