Lasagna Rotini Casserole
1 hr 30 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, ground, 10% fat
Spaghetti sauce, low sodium
Pasta, rotini, dry
Cheese, mozzarella, shredded, part skim
Cheese, parmesan, grated
Cottage cheese, 1%
229.00 g / 8.18 oz per serving.
**Purchase 1 1/3 pound 90% lean ground beef = 1 pound browned & drained ground beef
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook rotini noodles in unsalted boiling water according to package directions - drain & store in cold water to keep noodles from sticking (drain when ready to use).
3. Brown ground beef - drain.
4. Add spaghetti sauce to beef & bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
5. Combine meat sauce & cheeses - stir until mozzarella cheese is melted.
6. Add drained, cooked noodles - stir lightly.
7. Pour into appropriate sized pan.
8. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.