Turkey Pot Pie
1 hr 15 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Potato, russet, fresh, skin on, chopped
Carrots, fresh, chopped
Peas, green, fresh or frozen
Milk, 1%, low fat
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Flour, all purpose, white, bleached, enriched
Black Pepper, ground
Chicken Broth, low sodium
Turkey, roasted, with skin
Celery, fresh, chopped
343.74 g / 12.28 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Scrub potatoes, leaving skin on - cut into pieces.
3. Cook potatoes in small amount of water - drain when tender.
4. Add milk (or instant dry milk + part of potato water) & mash until fluffy (can substitute complete potato granules with vitamin C,
following directions but adding water only).
5. Dice cooked turkey & refrigerate.
6. Cook celery & carrots in water until partially done - drain.
7. Saute onions in margarine - add flour & pepper, stirring until blended.
8. Add broth, stirring constantly with wire whisk- cook until thickened.
9. Add turkey, carrots, celery, & peas to gravy - mix carefully.
10. Place turkey mixture into pans & scoop or spread mashed potatoes (1/2 cup per serving) over turkey mixture.
11. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are slightly browned & internal temperature reaches 180°F.
12. Serve 1 cup meat/vegetable mixture & 1/2 cup potatoes per serving.
** May substitute turkey with chicken.