Turkey Ala King
Convert Ingredient Measure
Turkey Breast, skinless, diced
Mushrooms, canned, pieces & steams, drained
Onion, White, fresh, chopped
Flour, all purpose, white, bleached, enriched
Black Pepper, ground
Chicken Broth, low sodium
Milk, 1% low fat
Bell pepper, green, fresh, chopped
230.53 g / 8.23 oz per serving.
1. Dice cooked turkey.
2. Melt margarine - add onions & saute until tender.
3. Add four & pepper to onions - stir & cook for 5 minutes.
4. Gradually add broth & milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk- cook until thickened.
5. Add green pepper, pimento, & mushrooms to sauce.
6. Fold turkey gently into sauce.
7. Heat to internal temperature of 165°F.
8. Serve 6 oz per serving over biscuits, noodles, or rice.
**Turkey amount is for cooked
**Chicken broth may be prepared from low sodium or salt free chicken base or turkey may be boiled in water to obtain salt free broth
**May substitute equal amount of other vegetables for variety
**May substitute chicken for turkey
**May cook turkey or chicken day prior to service or use unsalted precooked product