Convert Ingredient Measure
Milk, 1%, w/add vit A & D
Flour, all purpose, white, bleached, enrich
Cheese, cheddar, fancy, shredded
86.53 g / 3.09 oz per serving.
- Melt margarine, remove from heat. Add flour and salt.
- Stir until smooth with wire whip, adding about 1/4 of the milk.
- Bring to simmer and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Heat rest of the milk in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Add hot milk to cooked mixture with a wire whip.
- Cook and stir as necessary until smooth, simmering and thickened.
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted and serve.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 145 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.
- Cool to an internal temperature of 70 F within 2 hours and cooled to 41 F within 4-6 hours.
Each ~2oz = 1 serving = 4 grams carbohydrate (0 Carb serving)