Convert Ingredient Measure
Beef, stew meat, lean, ckd
Base, beef, rstd, low sod, 0344, FS
Spice, pepper, black
Sauce, worcestershire, low sod
Potatoes, peeled, ckd, diced
Carrots, fzn, slices
Onion, white, fresh, chpd
Celery, fresh, diced
Flour, all purpose, white, bleached, enrich
Peas, green, fzn
Salt, table, iodized
Spice, bay, leaves, ground
252.36 g / 9.01 oz per serving.
- Brown beef in kettle or oven.
- Add first measure of water and seasonings to meat.
- Cover and simmer until tender, about 2 hours. Add more water if necessary.
- Cook vegetables until tender in small amount of water.
- Mix flour and water until smooth. Stir into meat and cook until thickened.
- Add vegetables and bring to 180 degrees F.
- Serve 1-1 1/8 c. portion with 8 oz ladle. 1 portion = ~ 2 1/2 oz EP meat and 3/4 c (1 1/2 serv) vegetables
21 g CH0 = 1 1/2 Carb servings
Potentially Hazardous Food. Food Safety Standards: Hold food for service at an internal temperature above 140 degrees F.
IF WHOLE BAY LEAVES ARE USED BE SURE THEY ARE REMOVED BEFORE SERVING TO PREVENT CHOKING POTENTIAL.