Harvard Beets - Centerville
Convert Ingredient Measure
Beets, canned, low sodium
Salt, table, iodized
168.00 g / 6 oz per serving.
1. Drain beets, reserving juice.
2. Combine cloves, sugar, salt, & cornstarch - add to beet juice, stirring briskly.
3. Cook until thickened & clear.
4. Add margarine & vinegar.
5. Pour sauce over hot beets.
6. Serve 1/2 cup portion using #8 scoop.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 135 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.