Cucumber & Tomato Salad - Centerville
Convert Ingredient Measure
Cucumber, fresh, sliced
Tomatoes, fresh, medium
Salt, table, iodized
Black pepper, ground
Lettuce, green leaf, fresh
117.00 g / 4.18 oz per serving.
**Prepare day prior to service
**Omit salt to decrease sodium content
1. Wash, peel, & cut cucumbers & tomatoes into thin slices.
2. Combine vinegar, sugar, pepper, & olive oil.
3. Lightly mix cucumbers & tomatoes with vinegar mixture.
4. Cover & marinate overnight in refrigerator.
5. Serve 1/2 cup portion with #8 scoop on lettuce leaf.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Wash raw fruits and vegetables before using them in food preparation.
- Hold for cold service at an internal temperature of 41 F or lower.