Cabbage Lemon Salad - Centerville
Convert Ingredient Measure
Cabbage, fresh, large head
Carrots, fresh, medium
Onion, white, fresh, medium
Bell pepper, green, fresh, medium
Mustard seeds, ground
Salt, table, iodized
Gelatin mix, lemon
87.00 g / 3.11 oz per serving.
1. Wash & shred cabbage, carrots, onion, & green peppers.
2. Pour olive oil over cabbage, carrots, & onion - let stand.
3. Heat sugar, vinegar, water, mustard seed, salt, & celery seed - bring to a boil.
4. Add lemon gelatin to boiling vinegar/water mixture - cool & pour over vegetables.
5. Refrigerate until service.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Wash raw fruits and vegetables before using them in food preparation.
- Hold for cold service at an internal temperature of 41 F or lower.