Barley Lentil Soup
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 40 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Carrots, fresh, sliced
Celery, fresh, diced
Tomatoes, stewed, canned, unsalted
Broth, vegetable, low sodium
Barley, pearled, dry
Thyme, dried, leaves
Oregano, dried, leaves
Basil, dried, leaves
255.00 g / 9.11 oz per serving.
1. Wash & prepare vegetables.
2. Heat oil in large soup pan over medium-high heat.
3. Cook garlic & onion until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients & bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat to light simmer - cover.
6. Cook until barley & lentils are tender, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
7. Salt & pepper to taste.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.