Split Pea Salad
1 hr 20 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Split peas, green, dry
Broth, vegetable, low sodium
Green onion, fresh, chopped
Tomatoes, fresh, chopped
Parsley, fresh, chopped
Salad dressing, Italian, fat free
185.00 g / 6.61 oz per serving.
1. In a saucepan, combine split peas & broth - bring to a boil & reduce heat to simmer until just tender but still holding shape, about
20 minutes (drain if needed).
2. Place in refrigerator to cool,
3. In a bowl, combine cooked split peas, onion, tomatoes, & chopped parsley.
4. Add salad dressing & toss lightly.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Wash raw fruits and vegetables before using them in food preparation.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Hold for cold service at an internal temperature of 41 F or lower.